If you have back pain, neck pain, sciatica, or have a problem with some other diseases or injuries of the spine, you are in the right place. Team of experts, led by world-renowned experts for spine, prof. dr. Gojko Buljat and dr. Dražen Kvesić with ultimate experience in the diagnosis and treatment of degenerative diseases and injuries of the spine (over tens of thousands of patients treated during a professional career in the Department of Traumatology, Zagreb), will undoubtely find a solution to your problems. With minimally invasive spine surgery and non-surgical methods and programs in physical medicine and rehabilitation, we use the most modern methods-Spine Pain Management – SPM for treating pain in spine. After accurate diagnosis, we can find the exact cause of your pain. Modern technology has enabled the interventional spine procedures to alleviate or eliminate the pain and thus improve the quality of life of patients and delay or completely eliminate the need for spine surgery.
Spine Pain Management
Today, no one has to suffer unbearable back pain.
Clinic Arithera is applying the latest world achievements in the field of minimally invasive Spine Pain Management interventions in combination with advanced physical medicine and rehabilitation. It established a unique center for the treatment of spinal pain in the southeastern part of Europe. In addition to accurate diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients in the Arithera Clinic everyone can get a very competent second opinion about how to treat spine. Minimally-invasive surgical methods and new non-surgical methods (Spine Pain Management) will provide rapid elimination of pain and the best treatment results.
- procedures are painless, performed under local anaesthesia
- performed ambulatory (without staying overnight or in the clinic)
- immediately alleviating and eliminating pain in 93% of treated patients
- approximately after 1 hour, patient can return to daily activities
- interventions do not undermine the stability and function of the spine, immediately increase mobility, facilitating the process of rehabilitation
- eliminate the need for conventional surgery in 60% of cases
- procedures are performed by dr. Dražen Kvesić, the most experienced doctor for SPINE PAIN MANAGEMENT in Croatia
- global clinical studies suggest that the SPM is currently the most common and most effective method of treating sinal pain
SPM interventions include 15 different diagnostic and therapeutic interventions on spine. They are innovative, minimally invasive procedures that are highly effective in the treatment of spinal pain. The basis of these procedures is a needle, that is controlled by X-ray equipment precisely inject on the right spot. Then, depending on the diagnosis, patients get a cure or a special type of needle can be used as an electrode for disabling nerves which transmit the pain from a particular part of the spine. All interventional procedures are performed under local anaesthesia, ambulatory and without the need for a longer rehabilitation. The most interesting fact is that patients can go home an hour after the intervention.
In the Clinic Arithera we treat:
- Spine injuries
- Pain syndromes
- Muscle tension in the spine
- Deformity of the spine
- Degenerative diseases of the spine
- Discus hernia
- Stenosis of the spinal canal
We apply the following types of health care services:
- Specialized examinations
- Precise diagnostics
- Minimally invasive SPM (Spine Pain Management) procedures of the spine
- Minimally invasive surgery of the spine
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Spinal decompression treatments
- “Second“ opinion
- Radiotherapy (in collaboration with one of our participating institutions)
In case conservative treatment and SPM procedures on the spine are not your treatment options and if the surgical procedure is the first choice in the treatment, you will be recommended surgery. Spinal surgeons in the Clinic Arithera are greatly experienced in the surgical treatment of spinal disorders. The surgery will be recommended only if we are sure that this is the best option for you.
At Clinic Arithera we do minimally invasive procedures and classical surgeries of the lumbar spine:
- Lumbar microdiscectomy
- Decompression of spinal lumbar canal
- Rear fusion of lumbar spine (instrumental, non- instrumental)
- Rear fusion with interbody fusion (PLIF, TLIF)
- Combined surgery decompression and fusion of lumbar spine
- Installation of interspinal stabilizer
- Revision of lumbar spine surgery
Interventions on already operated parts of the spine are particularly demanding. The professional team of Arithera Clinic has extensive experience in doing such operations. All spinal implants used are the best on the market today.
After spinal surgery, it is necessary to spend a certain period in the clinic’s stationary, depending on the type of surgery. In addition to early postoperative rehabilitation that involves outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation, we implement a prolonged inpatient rehabilitation which can replace going to the spa. Detailed instructions will be provided by your surgeon.If you have any questions or you want to make an appointment please giva us a call at:
We remind you that discretion is one of the fundamental principles of our business.